12 February 2014

introducing the newest addition to the dining room team...

...Caroline Cash!
She's not REALLY the newest addition to the dining room team - she just volunteered to help in there the other evening -- and she LOVED it.  Ever since we saw "My Mercy Box" Caroline has been wanting to get in the dining room and help!

A couple of Sundays ago Caroline and Nick were playing ping pong in the dining room (cause there's a ping pong table in the corner of the dining room that gets pulled out and unfolded sometimes between meals!), and Caroline saw Mr. Luke (one of her friends from Ultimate) coming in to start his shift.  She asked Nick if she could ask Luke if she could help...Nick said "Sure!"...Caroline asked...Mr. Luke said "Sure!" and a lovely few hours of work and service followed!
Thoughts from Caroline:  
"It was fun. I got to put out the food and store the hot stuff in the hot stuff thing and flip the switch on the stove.  I helped Mr. Luke put food in the elevator and then we ran downstairs and met the elevator and got the food off!  I got to help cut the bread and I got to wear an apron and I helped wipe down chairs and tables AND I got to MOP!  (my most favorite part)."

















She really had a blast!  And can't wait to do it again.  We're thankful for the opportunities that our children have here - they are learning so many different things on so many different levels in so many different ways and from so many different people.  It's such a gift to be a part of a community where people don't just tolerate children - they welcome them and involve them and allow them to use their gifts and abilities to contribute to the Kingdom of God (reminds us of a certain Christ Community Church that we're privileged to call our home church).

Surely there will be more to come.

2 comments:

  1. Love this- that it happened and that sweet Caroline's expressions of joy and concentration were captured so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to hire her one day if I open my own cafe. It looks like she's a very valuable and enthusiastic worker. Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete